Sunday, March 20, 2011

A New Obsession

Greek yogurt!!

Why have I never had this before?! It is awesome! I can't believe I have never tried it before! It is very tasty! I have to buy the full fat version (because of the diet) and then I sweeten it with fruit or stevia. I want to eat it more than once a day but I shouldn't because it still has natural sugars. I hope to explore using greek yogurt for dressings and recipes in the future!

My weight seems to be maintaining. There has been a little creeping over the past couple of days, but it is much easier to eat clean and controlled during the work week and then live a little on the weekends. Turkey and I are trying to get back to being social and hanging out. It is difficult to stick to the diet when confronted with all the delicious things we cannot have. Eventually, we will be able to treat ourselves (in moderation) but I will always keep portion control in check. I learned a little lesson when we ate at Chili's tonight. I treated myself to some chips. I didn't go nuts, but after I ate my Cobb Salad, I was overstuffed and I am still uncomfortable over 3 hours later :(. No bueno. Gotta keep it basic this week for sure!

I also got a work out in both Saturday and Sunday. It looks like I am also going to work out Monday night too! Bikram was much easier today. I had a protein shake and a banana before the workout today and was MUCH more energized, mentally and physically. I also had a friend in the room, which definitely helps. I am hoping to go a couple more times this week if my schedule permits, but I am better emotionally when I make time for yoga. Back and knees are feelin' good so I am going to keep it up! It is amazing how much of a different 20 pounds makes!

Still haven't decided whether I am 100% going to do another round. I am working out and feeling good right now. Just going to take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment